How To Contact Swift River Fly Fishing:
Classic Bamboo and Fiberglass Fly Rods, Classic Reels
Natural Silk and Royal Wulff Bamboo Fly Lines
Wooden Canoes, Paddles, Canvas Packs, Brodin Nets, Decoys etc.
Updated August 22, 2019
Join me for Six Days of Wild Brown Trout Fishing on Beautiful Lough Corrib
Corrib View Lodge, County Galway, Ireland - May 9 to 17. 2020
One of the Top Wild Brown Trout Fisheries in the World
Rick - 413-230-1262
Scroll Down for Bamboo and Fiberglass Rods, Classic Reels and Angling Gear
Call 413-230-1262 for Info on Rods, Reels, Decoys, Canoes, etc.
May your days be filled with cool waters, bright trout and good friends
Swift River Show Room
Open by Appointment or Chance - Call or text 413-230-1262
Open most Saturdays and Sundays, 9 to 3 - Call Ahead
Wooden Canoes, Badger Paddles and accessories.
Frost River traditional canvas packs - American made, exceptional quality.
Bird and Fish Decoys by Top Contemporary Decoy Artists
Repairs and complete restorations of new and classic fly rods
Other Featured Items
Brodin Catch and Release Nets S2 Series - New for 2018
Trout - $120, Gallatin - $135, Cutthroat - $135, Cutthroat Float Tube - $150, Firehole - $125, Frying Pan - $140, Tailwater - $140
Wm. Salter & Grandson Fly Fishing Tackle Bag
and Tribute Reels
From Warwickshire, England
Swift River Glass - A New Generation of Classic Action Fiberglass Fly Rods
Terenzio Silk Lines, Sizes 3 to 6
Bamboo Rods in Stock as of 8/22/2019
New Rods Every Month
1) Daryl Whitehead for Bellinger: 7'3", 2/2, 4 weight, excellent, original. This Washington made rod is a semi-parabolic model. It is extremely well made in all respects. It has a dark walnut reel seat with oxidized cap and band. The butt cap is marked Bellinger Rod Co, 617724. The grip is a clean, smooth cigar shape at 5.5 inches with an oxidized winding check but no hook keeper. The wraps are ruby red with black tipping. The stripping guide has a red agate insert that matches the guide wraps. The size 14 ferrules are also oxidized. It has a nice ivory headed ferrule plug. I would describe the action as medium parabolic. Rods of this taper are a bit stiffer in the middle but with notable flex in the tip and butt. Given its substantial casting range I feel it will serve well as an all-around rod for mid size streams. It appears that the rod may not have been fished and comes with the original rod bag and tube. $1275 Match this rod with the Bellinger Fly Reel listed under reels (below) and get the set with a new fly line for $1800
2) Edwards for A&F; 7'6", 3/2, 5 weight, excellent, restored. An excellent example of Gene Edwards rods made for Abercrombie & Fitch. It has and downlocking reel seat with maple insert. The cigar grip is 5.5 inches, clean and smooth. It has a hard rubber winding check and strap and ring hook keeper. The script in aged white ink reads A&F Favorite. The silks are brown and the ferrules finished a bright nickle silver. They are sizes 10 and 15 and the fit is excellent. The stripping guide is a mildrum style. The mid and tips each have four snake guides that appear original. The varnish is excellent. The rod action is medium/fast. There is a small clear wrap covering a hook-dig on the lower part of one tip. It has been expertly applied. The rod bag is original but the tube is likely to be a period correct replacement. $795
3) F.E. Thomas Special: 7'6", 2/2, very good, original. Details by August 24.
4) Mathew Grallert: 7'6", 3/2, 5 weight, excellent, original. A lovely all-around trout rod from this talented Cummington, Massachusetts maker. It is very Leonard-like in its over-all look and feel. I believe that it is built to a Leonard taper as well. It has a bright nickel-silver, cap and band reel seat over a nicely turned cedar spacer. The grip is a 5.5 inch cigar shape. The butt is nicely swelled as it enters the grip and it has a finely applied signature wrap in translucent gold and red. All guides are wrapped in translucent gold with red trim. The ferrule wraps are red with small bands of gold where the ferrules meet the cane. The brightly finished NS ferrules are size 16 and 11 giving the rod some muscle while preserving its pleasant medium action. The varnish is excellent and the rod has been fished only two or three times by it original owner. It comes with a Leonard style rod tube with heavy brass end-caps and a hand-sown light canvas bag. $795
5) Swift River Salient: 7'6", 2/2, 4/5 weight, new. I have a new Salient that is ready to ship in two weeks. This rod is from a blank I made back in 2008, the sibling of the rod shown below. It has dark flamed cane with lighter nodes and is made in the tradition of the Leonard Hunt rods. It has size 13 CSE Leonard style ferrules and a 3/3 node pattern. The silks are translucent olive green trimmed with burgundy. The stripping guide has a lovely red agate insert. The oxidized NS slide-band reel seat has an oiled and varnished butternut insert to compliment the lighter nodes of the cane. I have fashioned a high-grade cork cigar grip dressed with an oxidized NS hexagonal winding check. These Salients are beautiful rods. They have a fine all-around, medium action of the sort that will make it a go-to rod for trout fishing. It will come with a CSE rod bag, black powder finished aluminum tube with brass caps, a hanging tag, and ferrule plug. $1275
6) Mark Ruhe: 7'6", 2/2, 4/5 weight, excellent, original. Mark is a talented builder from Spokane, Washington who for several years circa 2000 made about a dozen rods for Swift River Fly Fishing. I am very pleased to be able to offer this rod for sale as Mark stopped building rods about 12 years ago. Every rod is a fine casting instrument and finished to the highest of standards. This rod is beautifully made with a bright nickel-silver, cap and band reel seat with birdseye maple spacer. The excellent condition slim cigar grip is 6 inches, with a very nice NS winding check and a strap and ring hook keeper. The wraps are translucent gold with black at the ferrules over nicely flammed, darker cane. The stripper is a mildrum style and the snakes guides are stainless steel. The size 15 oxidized ferrules make this a strong little rod that can throw a five weight line with authority. I believe it is one of his Garrison taper rods. The action is medium-fast for cane and it seems to be an excellent all-around rod for small and mid size waters. The rod is in excellent condition with the original bag and tube. This rod would be a fine choice for any one who wanted a well-made cane rod to fish often. $875
7) Gene Edwards Rainbow # 62: 7'6", 2/2, 4/5 weight, excellent, original. This early Gene Edwards Autographed fly rod is labeled the Rainbow # 62 in white ink on the butt. It is a very sweet light line rod in excellent original condition. It has a down-locking reel seat with what appears to be a walnut spacer and a slim, seven-inch Wells grip that is clean but with very slight ridging. The u shaped hook keeper is wrapped with black thread and gold trim and the guides and ferrules are wrapped in the same color scheme. It has a mildrum style stripping guide and bright nickel-silver ferrules in size 12. The cane is an evenly flamed medium brown and the butt has a gentle swell just before it enters the grip. The tips measure .070 inches below the tip tops and I would describe the action as medium, tending toward fast. It comes complete with the original labeled Gene Edwards Autographed rod bag and the original tube. The tube retains a full description of the rod as placed there by Jim Adams, a lomg-time California rod dealer, who sold it to the previous owner about 20 years ago. For those collecting Edwards family rods this is a rare find and an excellent all-around trout rod for small and mid sized streams. $750
8) Heddon Black Beauty Featherweight: 7'6", 2/2, 4 weight, very good, partially restored. This highly desirable #17 Featherweight with a 3/4 ferrule is currenty undergoing a minor restoration. I am replacing the old, cracked reel seat with another Black Beauty reel seat and polishing the somewhat rashy varnish. Otherwise the rod is in excellent condition. It has a tear-drop grip and strap and ring hook keeper. The wraps are black with orange trim, all original to the rod. The ferrules are finished in black lacquer and the guides and wraps are all original to the rod. It has the spiral Heddon script and #17 - 0 3/4 F on the butt, however they are a bit faded. All section are full length and straight. The bag and rod tube are replacements. $675
9) Leonard Model 50DF: 8', 3/2, 5 weight, excellent, original. Details by August 24.
10) Leonard Model 50DF: 8', 3/2, 4 weight, excellent, original. Details by August 24.
11) Ted Simroe: 8', 2/2, 5 weight, excellent, original. Simroe, a former Leonard rod maker, has built this fine all-around trout rod. It has an up-locking reel seat, set into an elegant six-inch grip that shows modest use. There is a NS winding check and strap-and-ring hook keeper. The stripping guide is a silver mildrum style with matching silver snake guides, all wrapped with a warm, translucent honey-brown silk. The size 14 NS super-swiss ferrules are finished bright and fit as if new. Indeed the rod has seen very little use. The medium action is incredibly smooth and the rod is very pleasing to handle. There are no flaws of any type and the rod promises a life-time of enjoyable fishing. It comes complete with the original rod bag and tube. $1195
12) Amherst Fishing Rod Co. - The Pelham Spinning Rod: 7', 2/1, medium weight, excellent, original. This is the perfect companion to the Pelham fly rod listed above. It has a 12 inch grip with sliding bands to secure the reel. The butt reads Amherst Rod Co and The Pelham on two flats. It has silver spinning guides and tip top. The ferrule fit is excellent. The wraps are green jasper. It is made for medium weight lures and plugs and would serve well for trout and smallies. It comes with the original two-compartment green bag but the tube is a replacement. $175
13) Lyons and Colson : 8', 3/2, 4/5 weight, restored, very good. This is a fine light line rod sold by this famed tackle shop. The Edwards characteristics are unmistakable, including the reel seat, ferrules and white scripting. The reel seat is downlocking with a maple spacer. The six inch grip is a reverse-Wells style. It has a brass winding check and a strap and ring hook keeper. The silk wraps are ruby red with black tipping. The stripping guide is a red agate insert and the size 10 and 16 NS ferrules are finished bright and fit very well. One tip is an inch short and the ferrule is slightly different. I have reset the female ferrule on the mid section and the male ferrule on the shorter tip. As that tip ferrule was damaged, I replaced it with another slightly different Edwards ferrule. All the wraps on the mid and one tip have been redone. The butt and other tip are original. It comes with a period correct rod tube and bag that may be original to the rod. It has a medium/fast action for cane and will make a great all-around trout rod. $495
14) Edwards A&F Favorite: 8'6", 3/2, 4/5 weight, very good, original. This fine all-around trout rod was made by the Edwards family (probably finished by Gene) on a blank made when Eustis and his sons worked together circa 1930. Its depression era heritage is shown with the aluminum down-locking reel seat (rather than nickel-silver) but the rod is top quality throughout. The wooden reel seat insert appears to be maple. The grip is a six inch cigar shape, clean and smooth except for very minor ridging. The hook keeper is a small U style and the butt is scripted A&F Favorite in white ink turned gold with aging. There is a moderate 3 inch swell in the taper as the cane emerges from the grip. The wraps are dark brown silk, the stripping guide is a small mildrum style. The tightly fitting ferrules are bright nickel-silver, sizes 16 and 10. The action is medium. The Edwards family, along with FE Thomas, made rods for A&F over three decades and thus Edwards rods with those marking show up with a significant range of finishes. This rod come complete with the original rod bag and tube. $675
15) Edwards A&F Yellowstone Special: 8'6", 3/2, 4/5 weight. This rod came from the same estate as the one above and they were likely purchased from A&F as a pair. The rods are very similar in many respects but the grip on this second Edwards rod is made from wide cork rings of a lower grade, yet in good condition. It too is a six inch cigar style. The second difference is that the size 10 and 16 ferrules are rolled rather than machined. They fit very well. The hardware on the downlocking reel seat is aluminum. It has a strap and ring hook keeper and the stripping guide has an agate insert. The dark brown wraps show a bit of fading in a few places but are otherwise fine. The action is medium. A&F Yellowstone Special is scripted on the butt in black ink. The action is medium and the taper and cane quality are the same as the A&F Favorite. It too is a fine all-around trout rod with more modest components. The tube is original but the bag may be a replacement. $525
16) Goodwin Granger, The Granger Rod: 8'6", 3/2, 5 weight, mostly original. From 1923 until 1930, when the name was changed to Granger Deluxe, The Granger Rod was the top model. This rod is very scare, in any condition. It has an all nickel-silver, slide band reel seat marked The Granger Rod between two knurled bands, with Goodwin Granger & Co., Denver stamped below that. The grip is a coke-bottle shape, soiled but in good condition. The winding check is nickel-silver. The rod is wrapped with black and white jasper silk thread with gold trim wraps. Each guide wrap is framed with three thin bands of gold silk thread and the butt has a decorative signature wrap half-way along its length. All sections are full-length and straight. The stripping guide has a nickel-silver wire frame with a red agate insert. The butt has a moderate swell as it emerges from the grip. The ferrules are bright nickel-silver and fit well. The only modifications I can find on this rod are replaced guide wraps on one tip and the upper-most guide on the mid section. It is the correct thread but because it is newer it is not as dark as the original wraps. The buyer might wish to consider a full restoration of this historic rod by a Granger specialist such as Scott Whitman or Michael Sinclair. The rod is entirely fishable as is and the issues listed are purely cosmetic. The action is medium to slow. It is an excellent all-around trout rod. It comes with the original Granger rod bag and tube. $895
17) Edwards Sons - Edwards Special: 8'6", 3/1, 5/6 weight, very good, original. This Edwards Sons rod was made at Mt. Carmel in 1932 to 1932 from stock and components left from the Edwards and Sons period. The reel seat is down-locking with walnut spacer and black resin locking washer, grip check and winding check. Edwards "Special" is scripted on the butt in white ink. The agate insert stripping guiding was bent and I replaced it with another original Edwards stripping guide. The double shouldered Edwards ferrules are finished bright. The wraps are medium brown silk with gold trim at the ferrules. The snake guides are the correct, original oblique angle guides as used by the Edwards family. This is currently a one tip rod but I have other edwards tips around that I can restore for this rod for an additional $200. The ferrule fit is excellent. The 5.5 inch cigar grip is clean and without issues. The rod bag and tube appear to be original. $450
18) Lester Dickey: 8'6", 2/1, 5/6 weight, very good, original. Lester Dickey from Easton Maine was a gunsmith and innovative rod maker who in the 1940s and 50s hand-planed one-piece, staggered ferrule, and hollow-fluted rods for friends and family. This rod has a hollow-fluted butt and is a staggered ferrule model, in which the tip is made five inches longer than the butt. The script on the butt indicates that it is a medium dry fly taper. It has a down-locking, Herter style reel seat with black resin insert. The insription reads #5 Lester N. Dickey - 8 1/2' Flutted Hollow Butt - Stick weight 1 2/3 oz. - Med Dry Fly, on three flats The eight and one-half-inch cigar grip is moderately soiled but otherwise excellent. The two stripping guides are coiled wire spinning guides and the rod has eight silver snake guides all wrapped-on with pale orange thread thread with green highlights. The size 16 nickel-silver ferrules fit well and in general the rod shows little use. It has a medium action and would make a fine all-around rod with plenty of range and power. It is a cool piece of Maine history as well and it is thought that Dickey made perhaps three dozen rods in his life. It comes with a PVC rod tube and a two piece rod bag. I am happy to replace the stripping guide with a more traditional mildrum style at no added cost. $195 This rod will cost $55 to ship and insure.
19) Cross Doublebuilt - Southbend: 8'6", 3/3, 5 weight (HGH) , good, original. This is a very nice Cross Doublebuilt model 166 made by Wes Jordan for South Bend, with a Dewey's Sport Shop decal on the butt section. It has an up-locking reel seat with an internal screw locking mechanism and a black resin spacer. The moderate half-Wells grip is 7 inches and shows minor soiling. It has a strap and ring hook keeper with the strap wrapped in black silk thread, and a small black and gold decorative wrap. South Bend / Cross Doublebuilt / Model 166 - 8 1/2 ft. / HEH or H is scripted on four flats on the butt section. The serial number 0473597 in inscribed on the butt just below the mildrum style stripping guide. The size 16 and 11 bright nickel-silver ferrules fit well. The mid has four and the tips have 5 snake guides wrapped with black silk with gold trim. It is designed as an all-around trout rod and has a nice medium action. Some the the black guide wraps are faded but in otherwise fine condition. One tip is 3.5 inches short but I am including in the sale another South Bend tip of the same taper. You can fish that other tip as is or move the ferrule from the shorter tip and refinish the new tip to look like the original. I am happy to do that for $95 if the buyer wishes. It is a nice mid-quality rod from an esteeemed rod maker. The well worn bag may be original to the rod but the tube is from Heddon and missing the cap. $275
20) F.E. Thomas Special: 8'6", 3/2, 5 weight, very good, mostly original.
21) Lester Dickey: 9', 2/1, 6/7 weight, very good, original. Lester Dickey from Easton Maine was a gunsmith and innovative rod maker who in the 1940s and 50s hand-planed one-piece, staggered ferrule, and hollow-fluted rods for friends and family. This rod is solid build with a staggered ferrule, in which the tip is made five inches longer than the butt. The script on the butt indicates that it is a heavy dry fly taper. It has a down-locking, Herter style reel seat with black resin insert. The insription reads #13 Lester N. Dickey - 9' Heavy Dry Fly, on two flats The eight and one-half-inch cigar grip is moderately soiled but otherwise excellent. The two stripping guides are coiled wire spinning guide and the rod has eight silver snake guides all wrapped-on with brown thread with orange highlights. The size 16 nickel-silver ferrules fit well and in general the rod shows little use. It has a medium action and would make a fine all-around rod with plenty of range and power. It is a cool piece of Maine history as well and it is thought that Dickey made perhaps three dozen rods in his life. It comes with a PVC tube a new rod bag. I am happy to replace the stripping guides with a more traditional mildrum style at no added cost. $195 This rod will cost $60 to ship and insure.
22) Heddon Model 20 Trade Rod: 9', 3/2, 6/7 weight, very good, mostly original. This is a big stick with a 3 F ferrule designation and a fast action. It has an oxidized cap and band reel seat with a walnut spacer. It has a slim six inch cigar grip that is clean and smooth and likely sanded down a bit sometime in the past. The butt has a strap and ring hook keeper with maroon wraps and gold trim. The stripping guide is an agate insert. The ferrules are oxidized and the females look to have been reoxidized in the past as they are not as dark as typical Heddon black-lacquered ferrules. The guides and wraps appear to be original. There is one agate insert tip top and one wire tip top, both original. The cane is excellent and I have polished out a bit of bag rash in the varnish. This would be a great big fish / big water rod capably of landing landlocked salmon, steelhead, big bass, muskies, stripped bass, etc. It comes with the original rod bag with Heddon label but the Heddon rod tube is for a longer, two-piece rod. $225
23) F. E. Thomas Bangor: 9', 3/1, 6 weight, mostly original, very good. A nice, solid, post-depression rod from Maine. It has a Hardy style reel seat with a black resin spacer, a six inch cigar-shaped grip, FET winding check and a 3/3/1 signature wrap. I am replacing the stripping guide with another FET stripper and two snakes guides, which are all the correct reverse twist tungsten steel. The wraps are red. The ferrules are newly polished and fit very well. The rod tube and bag are period correct replacements. The action is medium and it is a fine big-water trout and landlocked salmon rod. $295 - Willing to include a second tip of matching taper for additional $175
Swift River Glass
SRG 1) Swift River Special: 7’, 3 piece, 4 weight, new. This fine trout rod is made on a butterscotch Lamiglass blank. It has an up-locking aluminum reel seat with cork spacer and a five-inch western-style cork grip. The hook keeper and guides are stainless steel wrapped with burgundy silk. The stripping guide has a black ceramic insert. It is designed as an all-around small stream rod with a medium/fast action. It comes with a three-section cotton rod bag and a burgundy cordura nylon rod tube. $295
SRG 2) Swift River Sierra - 7'6", 3 piece, 4/5 weight, new. This amber Mike McFarland fiberglass blank has been finished with fine components. The cap and slide-band reel seat is of oxidized nickel-silver. A nicely knurled, oxidized NS band separates the polished buckeye burl insert and the six inch cigar grip. It has a black rubber winding check and a black hook keeper. The guides are wrapped with a rich burgundy, antique (Belding) silk thread. It has a mildrum stripping guide, black snake guides and tip top. The wraps are finished with four coats of tung-based varnish. It has two decorative wraps on the butt section at 12 and 15 inches to allow quick estimation of fish size. The action on this rod is medium-fast and it will make an excellent rod for mountain streams and spring creeks where quick line pick up and quick casts are important. The entire rod has an overcoat of varnish to protect the blank and reduce friction with out-going line. It comes with a new brushed aluminum rod tube with gold anodized cap as well as rod bag. $375
SRG 3) F. D. (Dwight) Lyons: 7'6", 3 piece, 4 weight, new. This unused Lyons fly rod is a thing of beauty, both to see and cast. The reel seat is cap and ring style with black-anodized aluminum over a cedar insert. The 5.5-inch cork grip is a slim torpedo style ending in a black aluminum winding check and strap-and-ring hook keeper wrapped with maroon silk thread a gold trim. The stripping guide is black NS with red agate insert. The snakes are bronzed wire. It has spigot type ferrules. The rod is finished with two coats of varnish for protection from weather and dings. The action is medium and it is a fine all-around trout rod. The corrected marked tube and rod bag are original. $425
SRG 4) Swift River Special: 7'6", 3 piece, 4 weight, new. This light-line rod from Swift River Fly Fishing is built on a Lamiglass blank. It has spigot ferrules. The reels seat is up-locking aluminum with a cork spacer and the grip is a six-ince westrn style. It has a U shaped hook keeper, a black ceramic insert stripping guide, and stainless steel snake guides, all wraps with antique, burgundy Belding-Corsetti silk thread. It has a medium action tending toward fast and will serve as a great all-around trout rod for small to mid sized streams. It comes with a new cotton rod bag and burgundy codura nylon rod tube. $325
SRG 5) Swift River Wild Trout Series: 8’, 3 piece, 3 weight, new. This lovely, classic rod is built on a James Green fiberglass blank from his native trout series; a slow action, light-line blank. It is finished with a walnut reel seat with bright nickel-silver cap and band, a custom six-inch cigar grip, and a nickel-silver winding check. The hook keeper and guides are wrapped with amber silk thread with light green trim. There are small bands of green silk trim on the butt to mark 12 and 15 inches. The stripping guide is a CSE nickel-silver with rose agate insert. The snake guides and tip top are stainless steel. The entire rod has an overcoat of varnish to protect the blank and reduce friction with out-going line. It comes with a three-section cotton rod bag and a burgundy cordura nylon rod tube. $450
SRG 6) Swift River Sierra: 8'6", 3 piece, 4/5 weight, new. This rod was built here at Swift River on an amber McFarland blank. It has a cap and band reel seat with a walnut spacer, custom six-inch coke bottle grip and a U shaped hook keeper. The wraps are garnet antique silk and the snake guides are vintage NOS bronzed reverse twist. The stripping guide is gold anodized with a black ceramic insert. The action on this rod is medium and it is a wonderful all-around trout rod. It has great range and is easy to cast. It comes with a three section, cotton rod bag and a burgundy cordura nylon rod tube. The entire rod has an overcoat of varnish to protect the blank and reduce friction with out-going line. $420
Starter Cane - Wounded Rods from Respected Makers
This selection of rods have been restored with original parts but may have only a single or repaired tip, a short mid, or some other damage that cannot be entirely corrected. But they are great fishing rods and offer a chance to fish a very fine rod a lower cost. Collectors will generally pass them by. But repaired F. E. Thomas, Leonard, or Edwards rods are still poetry in motion.
Pictures on request
SC1) Barney & Berry (Winchester) - 9', 3/2, 5 weight, good, original. This is a 1920s rod made by Winchester for Barney & Berry. The mid is four inches short but the butt and tips are full length. The shorter mid speeds up the action and gives it a more modern casting feel. The Edwards design features are very much in evidence with a downlocking reel seat with maple spacer and a five inch cigar grip. The wraps are gold with black trim and the rod has full intermediates. The snake guides are vintage oblique angle of Edwards design. The cane is deep brown. I have redone the wrap on the mid at the female ferrule and except for a possible light polishing the rod is in great shape and ready to fish. It comes with the original rod bag and tube. $125
Six foot, select tonkin bamboo culms from a shipment shared several years back with Marc Aroner and Per Brandin. The bamboo has been carefully stored in dry conditions for nearly 10 years and is well seasoned. Many have been split the length of the culm with a single check to prevent multiple checks as they dry. I have more than I need. I do not ship culms, so interested buyers are welcome to come inspect and select those they prefer, as the wall thickness varies from culm to culm. There are 12 available: $30 for one, discout on multiples - pick up only
See Terms and Conditions of Sale at bottom of page. Rod prices are not generally subject to negotiation.
Incoming Rods and Sale Pending Section (May be relisted if sale not completed.)
Designed, engineered and assembled in Warwickshire, England, by reelmasters Garry and James Mills.
The "Tribute" echoes the quality and tradition of the best reels of the last century, machined from solid aircraft grade aluminium into a strong, light cage structure and stainless steel spindle.
The mid arbour, wide drum 3 3/16" spool has an exposed rim for palming, magnesium bronze bushings for long life, and a "Salter" shaped handle in a hard wearing faux horn material.
The hard anodised finish is full colour graphite with contrasts in solid naval brass. A strong suede pouch from Oldham is included.
Wm. Salter & Grandson reels are reversible for left or right hand wind, and the twin pawl drag system is fully adjustable.
The "Tribute" weighs 4.9oz and will take a WF5F line with 100 yds. backing.
$395 - Free Shipping
Royal Wulff Bamboo Fly Lines - $78
Sizes 3 to 6 in stock
The Best Fly Lines after Silk for Bamboo Rods
Terenzio Natural Silk Lines from Italy
$195 includes shipping in the U.S. - add $15 for Canada
Swift River routinely stocks silk lines in weights from DT3 to DT6 and will special order lines DT1 and 2 and DT7 to DT11.
All Terenzio lines from DT 1 to DT7 are 25 meters. Lines weights 8 to 11 are 35 meters and cost $225.
Each line comes in an artistic, hand-made box with a pre-looped line, two silk leaders and line dressing.
Terenzio Natural Silk Lines
Brodin S2 Landing Nets
Cutthroat - 24" Teardrop - $135 / Firehole - 23" Oblong - $120 / Trout - 23" Teardrop - $120 / Gallatin - 23" C&R - $135
Cutthroat Float Tube - 30" - $150 / Frying Pan - 26" - $140 / Tailwater - 30" - $140
Swift River Red Cedar Osprey - See Wooden Canoe Page for Details
Sale Terms and Conditions
I try to offer rods at fair prices. Those prices depend primarily on what the rod cost to acquire and restore if necessary, and a reasonable market-up, generally below the standard for this business. I am open to fair offers and potential trades for other high-end classic rods and reels. I will do what I can to find an arrangement that works.
Terms of Sale, Inspection and Return Policy - By purchasing a rod from Swift River Fly Fishing you agree to abide by the following terms.
Payment by check or money order is preferred. PayPal is also accepted but it may be necessary to add 3% to the cost of the rod, shipping and insurance to cover added fees.
Rods are described to the best of my ability after careful inspection and research to verify condition, originality and authenticity. However, mistakes do happen and all rods are sold with a two day inspection period.
This inspection period is to verify that the rod is as described on the web site with no significant issues or defects other than those in the description. Any defects noted in the description are taken into account in pricing the rod. If any other substantive problem with the rod is identified within the inspection period a full refund is offered.
The inspection period is a not intended as a trial period to see if the action is suitable or the rod measures up to some subjective standard. If you take a rod out to cast or fish that means you have accepted the rod as in advertised condition and are solely responsible for any damage that occurs.
Attempts to renegotiate the price of a rod after it has been received are not welcome. You can accept the rod in as described condition or indicate any substantive issues not included in the description and ask to return the rod for a refund.
Please examine any rod throughly upon arrival. Rods returned in violation of this policy are subject to a 20% relisting fee. Never ship a rod without first discussing the timing and shipping method. A rod must be returned in the condition in which it was shipped. Be certain to repack the rod correctly and insure it for full value.
There are no refunds for return shipping. If a rod is returned damaged it becomes the buyer's full responsibility. No refund will be issued for a damaged rod. It is the buyer's responsibility to file and collect on any insurance claim. If a rod is damaged during use I am happy to repair it at a reasonable price. All international sales are final due to high shipping costs and added risk of loss or damage. Swift River Fly Fishing is a part time business. It is best to contact me by email or phone in the evenings, between 6 and 9, or weekends.
Original Montague Rod Shop - Pelham Massachusetts